Warning beep on 1979 280 SE

Hi all, has anyone ever heard of a 280 SE using the radio to broadcast a warning beep? My radio has a persistant beep that won't go away. It started suddenly, and has continues as long as the radio is on... Is it possible the car is broadcasting this warning? If so, any idea what it means?

Thanks,

Gordo

Reply to
Gordo

I want what you're smoking.

Yeah, it's warning other cars. Uh-huh.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Thought so... have you ever heard of Blaupunkt stereo doing this... all channels, all the time... I actually override it with an fm transmitter connected to an ipod,

Anyway, thanks.

Gord

Richard Sext> > >Hi all, has anyone ever heard of a 280 SE using the radio to broadcast

Reply to
Gordo

It's a signal notifying you to tune to CONELRAD, 'cause the balloon went up. Time to get to a fallout shelter, pronto.

"The following is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. This is only a test. Had this been an actual emergency, you'd be writhing on the ground in unspeakable agony, bleeding from every orifice, with your blackened skin falling away in ragged strips."

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller