2004 S Class----Play DVDs???

I have a 2004 S Class. The manual clearly recites that DVDs can be played, although the video will be grayed out so as not to distract the driver.
I put in a DVD audio disk. It grays out the screen with an explanatory
msg and then plays only the first track.
Is this right?
--
Eliyahu (Eli) Ross
"No good deed goes unpunished."

Yep... the DVD playback feature has been disabled for US model cars, as per regulation. Im sure there is an aftermarket fix for this, but I never looked into it.
Thomas J. Paladino Jr. New York City 04 S430 03 E320 99 SLK230 95 S320
Eliyahu Ross wrote:

Did you keep the Lexus?
.