2004 Maxima Navigation- Plays DVDs???

Hi everybody, new user to webgroups, so I'm a little out of the loop. My question revolves around playing movies using the DVD based navigation for my 2004 Nissan Maxima SL. A friend of mine has a 2004 Cadillac CTS also with DVD based nav and he can play DVD movies. He is able to bypass the limitations of the computer by pressing a combination of 3 or 4 buttons on his console. Would anyone happen to know if there is a way to do this on my vehicle? Thanks for any info anyone has.

Reply to
JB

Sounds like an "undocumented function" that isn't supposed to be known. This pops up in various items from time to time. Probably because appropriate licensing fees haven't been paid to various entities, and maybe liability concerns in this instance.

Will it play while the car is in motion?

Only Acura has DVD/nav ability as far as I've heard. This hasn't been disucssed on this board, I am pretty sure.

Reply to
jmattis

I tried putting a DVD in the nav slot, just like my friend does in the CTS, but it doesn't play. You're right, its definitely an "undocumented function" that you're not supposed to know about, but I was hoping that because it was DVD based there would be a way. I appreciate the help, perhaps it is impossible, but maybe someone knows. I have gone to multiple different car audio companies and no one there has an answer for me, but they just want me to buy their screens.

Reply to
JB