300E Rear End Box.

Thank you for the advise on how to remove the fill plug. I moved the car in the garage had it up on blocks and I had to remove the 2 end donuts and the other rubber hanger holding the rest of the exaust system up.
It then gave me enough clearance to get the plug out.
Heres the question....Should I use Mobile 1-Synthetic Gear Lube or just Regular Conventional Gear Lube? I would think the Mobile 1 would be better than the other gear lube, because of the outstaing protection results. Thanks-Chuck
many are convinced synthetic is THE way to go for all lubricants, I agree except with respect to differential lube for a non competitive application. I had a unit get noisy, it was found to have synthetic lube in it, its a "thinner" viscosity that regular DL4 hypoid lube, so I surmise that the bearings failed because of this. The only time one would want a synthetic diff lube oil is if the weather is extremely cold. dieseldude