82' 300SD Turbo - Locks

Is there a child lock so the other doors will not unlock when the driver's door is opened from the inside? All of the locks go down when I lock it with the key on the driver's side but none of them unlock when I use the key to unlock the driver's door, not even the gas tank or trunk. Any advise? I'm new to the board. I had a 84' 300SD Turbo and have been sad since the day I sold it years ago. I found a great 82' 300SD Turbo with only 79K miles and am restoring it back to it's original beauty. I'll be needing your help, ok? Joe

Reply to
Jboyd4

OK, but I don't think there is a feature such as you request for the back seat lock? My 1986 190e doesn't seem to have that at least.

Perhaps removing the knobs from the back seat locks will help? Or maybe that will just allow for small food items to enter the door?

marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

I misread your post and posted some replies that don't answer it. Try again.

All locks lock but only the driver's door unlocks. Suggest there's a vacuum problem, most likely in the driver's door lock/vacuum switch/actuator or a broken or disconnected to the other locks' vacuum line. A leak elsewhere is also possible.

Since you have this project to do I suggest you bite the bullet and buy a vacuum tester - about $40 - to trouble shoot this and any subsequent vacuum problems. A shop will charge $40 just to take their tester off the shelf much less solve your car's problem.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Woops! Now that TG points it out, I misread it also... Certainly the drivers side key lock should actuate all of the locks... Except maybe with the valet key? Not sure about that, but it seems likely that you don't want a valet in the trunk?

Probably a vacuum leak I suppose, or perhaps a mechanical tweak in the drivers door. I know that on some occasions if I turned the key just slightly shy of the whole way, my drivers door unlocks without unlocking the rest, so that is possible...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph