Power locks unlock but don't lock

Howdy,

I have a 1994 Mazda Protege. The power lock operation is built into the door lock shaft. When you push down the driver's door lock, all the car doors lock and when you unlock it all car doors unlock.

Mine doesn't lock when you lock the driver's door. I hear a click like the others are trying to lock but none of them make it. Any advice on where to start looking?

Thanks, Ben

Reply to
bb

I can't speak for this particular car, but I had an 88 Mitsubishi Galant that had a similar system. If I tried to lock the doors with the key still in the ignition (and the door open), it would lock for a second and then unlock. It would lock itself so that I couldn't relock the door for a few seconds.

If I pushed it down again, it would do the same thing, but lock itself out for a few seconds longer. If I pushed it down a 3rd time, the drivers door would lock but none of the others would.

If your car works the same way, it must be getting the signal somewhere along the way that you're trying to lock your keys in the car.

Reply to
Walter