Brake warning lights

Is anyone aware of where the braking and/or wheel rotation sensors are on the ML-320?
Yesterday I had both the "ESP/BAS" and "ETS" warning lights illuminated.
I had planned to take my ML in for service tomorrow but remembered that while pulling a boat out Sunday the rear wheels may have been wet (I didn't think the water rose above the tire side wall though.) Since it was salt water this morning I hosed the rear wheels down quite liberally and drove for about 5 miles and stopped. When I restarted the warning lights were no longer illuminated.
Last winter these lights came on, but didn't remain on. It's quite likely that on those days I was driving on salted roads.
Does MB not seal the sensor electronics?
Boden
How old is your battery. My folks had the same problem on the E320. Dealer diagnosed bad battery, even though it started the car just fine.
Original battery. I'm expecting to replace it this winter (-20F temps) but thus far it perfoms well. What is the life of a typical MB OEM battery?
Boden
Tiger wrote:

Usually about 5 years. It may perform well like my folks' car... but in the end, dealer diagnosed bad battery... weak battery causing the same symptoms as you described.

Dpends how they're treated. If they're not discharged all the way ever they'll last longer than if they're not. I've heard 7 year old ones working byt beyond that is really rare.
The inviolate rule of thumb is "If you never have a battery older than 5 years you'll never have to worry about the battery".
Exceptions to this rule are just that - exceptions.
Did any water get to the tail light assembly? I had the same thing happen when I shorted a bulb across the tail light.
Josh
No. Water just came to the rims, or perhaps an inch higher because of some wind driven water.
Boden