C180 (1996) Key/Central Locking problems

Hi,
both my keys no longer trigger the central locking/Alarm and I have to manually unlock the doors. Does anyone know of a way to reset the keys to the car frequency or do I have to take them to a Merc Dealer.
(E.g. apparently with Audi you put the key in the ignition, turn on and hold button down for 10 secs)
Any help gratefully received.
Paul
Paul wrote:

PS - I have obviously tried changing the keyfob batteries!!
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:08:21 GMT, Paul wrote:

Have you looked in your handbook Paul? Mike
--
W126 300SE
W115 220/8
Just Mike wrote:

Yip - but as Car was German import I had a bit of trouble deciphering it.
Got correct answer from Stratman.
"Get into the car, and aim the remote control at the receiver on the mirror. Press the button breifly twice.Put the key in the ignition switch and turn to position two within thirty seconds. (Owners manual p39)"
thanks anyway for your help
Paul