Chucking out electronics - Merc leads way?

Will we see car reliability rise?
http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/gbr/tpl/mag4/art20050301/htm/tech_panne_electronique.htm
DAS

Electronic breakdowns

By L. Meillaud
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:27:41 -0000, "Dori A Schmetterling"

<etc.>
See, this is what happened to my car, I believe. (Not that "posessed by demons" is completely ruled out.) Whether it's because of some sensor that got wet, or simply a computer glitch, after they charged the battery that had run down, and put the car on the Star diagnosis, and cleared all the codes, the weird behavior went away. Actually, the car got "better" in that the electric driver's seat worked better than it had in a while, moving more quickly (at least that's my impression) and to full range. (Since I am petite and my husband is tall, it's an important detail to us.) Also, the radio and climate control is working properly. So far.
~Des
I saw your earlier post (E320 1998) and before I got to the end I did think of the smart-aleck reply "ghosts" but you thought of it anyway, I noticed :-)
An experienced technician at my (almost) local Merc service station has commented about the increasing problems with increasing electronics and motors.
DAS
<Des> wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
[...]

Engineer wrote:

Someday when a bulb burns out we will have to replace the car.
.
--

Nothing is the way it is because that is the way it has to be.

1 HP = 745.69987158227022 Watts
and you wonder what the next smart bomb is going to hit.
BEEMER
OR
the MB <oops> CHRYSLER look a likes
AM only please with the WONDER BAR <any body recall those>?
the case, minus a few cans!
Sunday's NY Times had an article about all the antennas that upscale cars carry. It's a wonder (to me) that all this stuff works at all!
Their example is an S Class M-B which can carry up to 18 antennas!
AM-FM Radio - in the windshield Radar cruise control - in the grill Keyless Go - an antenna in each door and the console Satellite Radio - in roof Navigation & Cellphone (combined) above rear window Tire Pressure Monitor - one at each wheel + spare Emergency notification system & GPS - left rear bumper + left rear door Parktronic - inside bumpers TV in roof panel
The higher the technology the greater the obsolescence (and depreciation).
As these cars age the DIY owner won't need wrenches but rather an electrical engineering degree!