HT Leads

Going to change the ignition leads on my 1998 Mondeo and noticed that one of the the male ends on the ignition coil looks to crusty - how do I clean it up to get a good connection, or doesn't it matter?

Thanks

Reply to
Scooby Doo

It will usually chip off in big lumps with the use of a Stanley knife. A dremel could polish it up like new.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Wow, thanks for the very quick response, I'll give that a go.

Btw, what causes this to happen, and does it have any detrimental effect on the car?

Reply to
Scooby Doo

it is probably an electrolytic action between dissimilar metals, exacerbated by damp. I usually spray things like that with wax or white grease when I put them together

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful