Continuing water pump saga - how do I get the @#$% Allen bolts out?

Well, R & R of the water pump on a 300e requires taking off a bunch of other stuff, which just takes time & care, but looking at the bolts on the pump itself I see they are the dreaded Allen bolts. They are only 6mm, so a standard L shaped Allen key just bends, without loosening the bolt. It's pretty tight in there so I've ordered a short 6MM Allen socket to see if that will do the trick. Anyone have any other ideas on tools for this or advice on how not to round out the holes in those %$^%$# Allen bolts?? If they were standard bolts I reckon I'd have the job done by now. ^%$#%^&.

Chris

Reply to
CRGILL

Then you will be fine, you will find the job much easier with the proper tools!

Reply to
miknik