E55 S3 ???

Has anyone heard of this vehicle?

I recently saw what looked like a brand new E55 with the S3 designation on the left side of the trunk. At first, I thought it as an E55 AMG because it had bodywork - air dams, scoops, etc. and the like, but it definitely did NOT have the AMG designation.

I live in the Atlanta area if that is meaningful. I searched through all the M-B literature/websites I know of, but I have not found any references to an "S3" variation of the E55. Has anyone else ever seen this?

Reply to
Mark

Hello,

This is probably the new E320 Sport or E500 Sport with salvaged

349-horsepower 5,4-litre V8 motor from older models. I saw such one listing in ebay a few months ago. I cannot recall the colour.

The other brand corruption I saw in the ebay was dropping the second zero from E500 to E50 and added AMG on the right side.

Oliver

Mark wrote:

Reply to
Ennui Society