Fusebox question...

Has anyone ever opened up (taken apart) the fuse box in a 98 ML320?
I added a jumper wire some time ago between the 2 fog relays (when the front aux lights aren't programmed) so they would go on when the rear fog light is
turned on.
In removing that wire, I am almost convinced one strand of wire slipped deep down into the socket.. Because of this, I cannot fully insert the relay- once I do, it engages.that small piece of wire is probably shorting out 2 blades..
It appears the fuse box, once removed, can be split apart - anyone ever do this????
Thank you!
--
B'rgds,

Vinnie
Use a vacuum cleaner to suck it out.
No luck Tiger....
Looks like I need to get in there......
--
B'rgds,

Vinnie
Dentist picks or similar tool can't get it out? You can get in the fusebox... couple of screws... but before you even do this...d isconnect the battery.
I'll keep trying.. thanks!
--
B'rgds,

Vinnie
So you go to STARBUCKS and get one of those long stirrers..I keep 10 on hand...then (I need help here) you put on a SMALL blob of (something that is sticky and will not convey electricity?) honey....gum...gooey gum drop fall out...and start probing...straight up and down. Hey, I was a Liberal Arts major...wadda ya want? Frank in California
Uncle Vinnie wrote:

LOL!
Liberal Arts! Funny! And you know what, with that degree, you'd probably find a simpler way! I have an associates, marketing, textiles.. I was going to use a sewing needle to probe around!
--
B'rgds,

Vinnie
Fixed... thanks for the tip! Boy, am I stupid...
Took a pin and cleared it out. never came out, must have dropped down.. but all is well.. hopefully that strand will not find anything...
--
B'rgds,

Vinnie
That's great... good job!
Way to go...congrats! Next time I drop a wire down into my fuse box I'll think of you! Frank..The Liberal Arts Guy
Tiger wrote:

Thanks And how it took 2 weeks for me to figure it out!!
duh!
Happy new year!
--
B'rgds,