Help removal of rear body vent grill

Hi all. I've got some rust on the rear body corners just above the trunk lid on a 190e. Just above these rust spots on both sides of the car are air vents. They are about 2 or 3" high and about 8" or so long. They apper
to be plastic and I am tring to remove them in order to do a better job of dealing with the rust near them. Do they snap off if I yank with a little force?? Is it possible to remove them at all in some reasonably simply way?
- thanks for any help
when I recall correctly,
open rear passanger doors, left and right. now you can see and loosen the one screw on each vent. when twisting and simulanitously pulling it away from the car, the back part of the vent is automatically released from the clips that hold it on the others side, closest to the trunk.
good luck
alex

apper
way?