Vent Removal

Hi...

Does anyone know how to remove the front of the two vents above the radio in a 306? I tried fitting a so-called clip in phone holder to them, and the result was that the section of the vents at the back that direct the airflow have now collapsed backwards, which means that the airflow on/off wheel below the vents will not turn, and no air comes out of them. I think all I need to do is remove the fronts from them and re-clip the flow directors back on somehow... but how to get into them???

TIA

Reply to
Brainfire

Brainfire was thinking very hard :

It's quite a big job. You need to remove all of the dash facia, starting with the lower section (unclips), then remove the stereo, then the main facia (middle section); there are two bolts behind it on either side of the stereo aperture. You will then be left with the vent case. Unscrew the nut holding it in, and then it's just an interference fit: it just pulls out.

Lesson learned... don't clip *anything* to air-vents!

-- sA

Reply to
southpawArcher

I can highly recommend a Brodit mount for phones. :) Pricey - but well worth it and is a semi-permanent fitting but without any damage to the interior. For the 306 you can get one which clips between the facia and the air vent (not within the air vent). Very pleased with mine - you get a fitting for the car, and one for the particular phone and then fit them together. Great for Sat Nav on a PDA.

David Hearn