How can I identify tranny on 123 if I know the # on engine.

Anyone here who have seen a table on www, that could tell which tranny fits to which engine on all 123 models. Eg if I have the engine 917.957, what model is the tranny?
Would be nice to have such table to check if doubt when order parts or troubleshooting different 123-cars. rgds

I'm not even sure it's thats possible. Mercede may, for all I know substitute transmissions in the middle of a model run so two cars with the same engine may have different transmissions.
And I'm also not sure if thisis true but I *think* the transmission number is stamped on the side.
A lot of the parts are on all 7xx transmissions. What parts ar you talking about?
The transmission # is on the front side of the case just above the oil pan. I forget which side.
-Karl 85' 300D 205K 85' 300CD 265K 85' 300TD 329K