Mercedes 1990 300SEL Radio

Hello everyone....ive been on this board before and have had great help from you guys. I have a2002 E320, but recently purchased a 1990 300SEL with 110,000 miles on it...it was a one owner and the woman who owned had a complete head job done last year...I am pleased with it so far.

here is my question regarding the becker radio The radio turns on but wont play any sound. I have a little plastic thing that says MB4575. I followed the directions and cant get the code to work for me. Anyone here have any suggestions.

-- Message posted using

information at

Chuckyg

If it turns on and shows a radio station on the face, it is not a code problem.

A radio needing the code will either have dashed lines [earlier version] or the words CODE or WAIT.

More information at

Karl

Sorry--That is what comes up--CODE the after I punch the numerals in it says wait....charlie

-- Message posted using

information at

Chuckyg

Sounds like the wrong code.

More information at

Karl

Otherwise, you need to keep the ignition on for a couple of hours to let the radio 'reset' itself after certain number of attempt. Then come back and put in the code again.

You can go to dealer to get the right code if this fails.

Reply to
Tiger