New Member - New/Used 190D

Page 2 of 2
Oh well; you're all correct, of course... I flew off the handle, just like I did when I found that I was getting the car. I should have waited until I got the car, so I could ask an
intelligent question, rather than ask you all to analyze my little dream world... But; this is "Mercedes and diesel, both my first experience", and the excitement of trying to learn everything involved just overwhelmed me. Thanks for re-opening the forum to me, and making it easy for me to apologize. I'm sorry for my little tantrum. I'll be back when I've narrowed it all down to answerable questions. Thanks Again! Jay PS: Have to go see that fast 190D, now... maybe ask him how he made it go so fast! LOL....

Maybe it was a steep downhill... Or there was an old buick pushing it from behind?
Just kidding.
Glad to see the ill feelings worked out. Tom is one of the nicest and most helpful people here IMO. It must be noted though, that even his "old" car is nicer and newer then any car you or I will likely own (if I read a fellow buffalo boy correctly).
Actually since you were born in Buffalo, I will share that my dad had a used car dealership there for 42 years on Bailey avenue... I grew up on it, although he would never let me drive the cars. He even had a Mercedes one time... I wasn't on top of things then (I was like 10 or so), but I think it was a basic 70's 4 door sedan (gas)? It made an impression for sure.
Looking forward to hearing about your actual car problems :~)
Marty
Wow, nice to meet you guys, Jay & Martin. I was at Buffalo around 86-87, studying at UB. No, not in the auto/mechanic/Mercedes department, otherwise the 190D won't be my first experience :-)
Martin Joseph wrote:

New Motto: Never try to repair a parts car!
On 2005-09-08 10:25:50 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (r parris) said:

LOL, I once drove a parts car for 5 years! I bought it without ever hearing it run for it's radio and bumpers and also the little buick wheel hubs (which were stolen immediately).
When I started it, it ran so well, I just kept on driving! Not bad for $500.
Marty