Question about parts

I'm looking at a few '80s-era 300SD cars.

I'm finding that there would need to be some work on the interior. I've done this for Chevy trucks and found quite a range of parts aftermarket available. Is there such a thing for Mercedes cars? Also - for the W126 body - can the parts be interchanged?

For example, could I use a glove compartment door from a 500SEL on a 300SD?

Reply to
PerfectReign

Generally, chassis parts are interchangeable within that chassis. Chassis are internally (within M-B) numbered and that's the number that will tell you. The 1973 - 1980 S class chassis was the 116.xxxx. In 1981 the model was changed and the new chassis was called the 126.xxxx and so on. There are compilation lists by model: i.e. 300SD, 560SEL etc that list its chassis and motor type. Some of these are on parts sites, also try

Some salvage yards specialize in M-B parts.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach

on Thursday 06 December 2007 11:42 am, someone posing as "-->> T.G. Lambach

Reply to
PerfectReign