Question about parts

I'm looking at a few '80s-era 300SD cars.
I'm finding that there would need to be some work on the interior. I've done this for Chevy trucks and found quite a range of parts aftermarket
available. Is there such a thing for Mercedes cars? Also - for the W126 body - can the parts be interchanged?
For example, could I use a glove compartment door from a 500SEL on a 300SD?
--
www.perfectreign.com

Generally, chassis parts are interchangeable within that chassis. Chassis are internally (within M-B) numbered and that's the number that will tell you. The 1973 - 1980 S class chassis was the 116.xxxx. In 1981 the model was changed and the new chassis was called the 126.xxxx and so on. There are compilation lists by model: i.e. 300SD, 560SEL etc that list its chassis and motor type. Some of these are on parts sites, also try www.mbz.org Some salvage yards specialize in M-B parts.
permission.
on Thursday 06 December 2007 11:42 am, someone posing as "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> took a rock and etched into the cave:

thank you - great resource!
--
www.perfectreign.com
43...for those who require slightly more than the answer to life, the