Now that I'm back........

........from the outer banks in NC, I need a quick guide to the 350+ posts that are unread on my pc from the past week. Maybe I'll get enough rest today to be able to read through a good portion of them, maybe not. I see that the bombings in London have generated a big thread. My feeling right now is that we need to escalate our efforts against these religious/cultural/political wack jobs who hate western society. Maybe a law could be adopted and then ENFORCED that would make it a criminal offense to advocate stupid ideas that are based on hatred and intolerance of entire societies/nationalities/cultures/religions, etc. Obviously, the security measures needed to prevent an individual from carrying 10 lbs. of explosives into a public area are going to be impractical. A long range set of measures that attack the advocates of these kinds of behavior would seem to be the only real solution. When I hear that a tele-evangelist like Pat Robertson is saying that Islam is the problem here, I'd say lock him up for fanning the flames of intolerance. Maybe he could share a cell with a few of these fundamentalist Imams so that they could all learn to get along... :-) I'm just rambling here but if I'm too confused and ignorant on this subject, maybe some of you guys can enlighten me.........lol

BTW........The outerbanks was a great place to relax this past week with wonderful weather for spending several hours a day on the beach. The area there is becoming very crowded though and has tremendous traffic problems. I figured out that the best pizza to go with ice cold Corona is from Corolla Pizza and Deli and the best barbeque is from a place called Saul's over on the mainland about a mile and a half north of the Wright Memorial Bridge. The surf was really high on a few afternoons which allowed even me to get some impressive rides on a boogie board but maybe it was the Coronas that made me think so.......lol

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

PICTURES!!! :-)

Reply to
Shag

.............I did take my Digital Rebel with a 70-200 mm lens along for the trip but I'm ashamed to say that I chickened out on exposing $1500 worth of camera and lens to the salt & sand of the beach and it stayed in the closet at the beach house. Next time, I'll borrow a point 'n shoot camera from the

17 year old.
Reply to
Tim Rogers