s350 diesel turbo

http://www.blocket.se/view/3808283.htm?caller=vll_s&l=0&c=1&city=0
should I buy this car? is it awsome?
aprox 14.000 usd.

ps. how many kilometers pr. liter diesel?
gallons also ok.
http://www.blocket.se/view/3649285.htm?caller=vll_s&l=0&c=1&city=0
it looks so wide? optical or was it made wider in some models?
Niels Ulrik wrote:

Distortion caused by the photo, width was always the same.
Juergen
IMHO buying a S350 turbodiesel is a BIG mistake.
This is a very heavy car and not a good one.
There were many complaints of steering vibration and the owners were caught between the tire manufacturer and M-B who each blamed the other for the vibration problem.
Now, as these cars age, the A/C evaporator cores are leaking; the repair is to remove and replace the entire dashboard to access the part. Cost is about $3,000US.
Finally, the 3.5L diesel had problems of its connecting rods bending; this causes the piston to score the cylinder walls and requires a rebuilt engine.
For these reasons this S350 turbodiesel is NOT a bargain.
Use your $14,000 to buy a newer, more reliable car.

ok. thanks very much. this was also my initial thought.
which class E diesel is best. Like this: http://www.blocket.se/view/3928887.htm?caller=vll_s&l=0&c=1&city=0
?
thanks in advange.
Niels Ulrik wrote:

In terms of fuel-efficiency the 220CDI is best - 200CDI doesn't need less but has less power, 270CDI and 320CDI need more (and are stronger, useful e.g. for towing boats or caravans), 270CDI is a great compromise between fuel consumption and power output (and price).
Juergen
what! someone using my mail and name. I dont like this. Just to let you all know I did not write the below.
Regards Niels Ulrik

I'll believe you. This has happened to others here.
DAS
It was the most problematic sedan MB ever sold. There were several class action lawsuits pending before MB agreed to replace the engine with a newer, improved design. P.