stalling 380 sl

wondering if any other MB 380sl owner has had a similar problem. Car runs fine, but intermittanly the engine seems to be on the brink of stalling while
at speed(eiher highway or local streets). Feels like it's not getting enough gas. No back fire or poping through throttle body. Pushing accelerator to the floor produces no results. Shuting down the engine and restarting (even while still rolling) solves the problem. The gas tank could be full or less than full when this happens. Can occur while engine is cold or operating temp. A/c could be on or off. Any suggestions or need more info?
How about changing your fuel filter... seems to be a sediment clog there...
Tiger,
I replaced the filter, along with the fuel pump and accumulator, about 15,000 miles ago, and I don't have any problem unless the A/C is on. So why would you suspect the filter? What would be your next guess?
Thanks

The original poster said it doesn't matter whether A/C is on or off... and steping on the accelerator makes no difference... meaning fuel starvation.
By cycling the engine on and off... it solve the problem until it happens again.
My guess was fuel filter because when the car is running... the pressure of the pump forces the debris in the fuel filter to cling onto the filter where fuel goes out to engine... by cycling the engine on and off... you literally "shake" the filter with fuel pressure that dislodge the debris in the filter until it clogs it again.
I usually hear this on diesel with algae problem... sometime but rarely on cars... can be because of rusty tank... or really dirry fuel that you got the last drop off the tank from the gas station where all cruds accumulate.
Your problem is most likely to be the idle speed control unit Tim... but I would have to double check before replacing it... With the A/C running, the controller is supposed to raise the RPM but apparently not doing so.

Thanks Tiger. I didn't realize I had responded to a different thread. Is there any way I can test the idle speed controller, or do I have to take it to a shop?
Thanks
Service manual does tell you how to diagnose whether the controller is bad or not.

Tiger, I have 380 SE. As so as car is not new it request more maintenance and small repair. Can I find in the Internet pictures to localize parts and units for that? Thank you for your consideration.
I am not sure of internet part breakout schematic. Performance Parts' catalog do have detailed pics of parts.
Sometime parts catalog do have pic of parts. Like mbz.org... however, their price is not that great. lately.
I buy my parts from:
http://www.bmaparts.com/cgi-bin/home.php
http://www.mr-auto-parts.com /
I would call up BMA for better pricing on the parts.. I believe they do match mr. auto parts' price over phone.

Tiger, I have 380 SE. As so as car is not new it request more maintenance and small repair. Can I find in the Internet pictures to localyze parts and units for that? Thank you for your consideration.