Washer pump grommet - something for the engineers to ponder

<RANT> The rubber grommet for the washer pump just failed on my E320. Here is the offending part: http://www.buymbparts.com/item.wws?sku=P7052-118690&itempka826
I'm just slightly peeved because this is the same part that failed on my W115, W123, W124, and now the W210.
OK, I'll give it to them that it only cost <$2 and fails after 8~10 years,but I'm sure in 40 years they could have either changed the design or the part specification so that it doesn't happen with such regularity. I know it seems extremely trivial, it just irked me. </RANT>
OK, there are a LOT more items you would need to change at 8~10 years that move the decimal 3 places to the right...
Bah, where's my coffee. <mutter> WS
--
change to leews to mail