washer pump stopped

well looks like my winshield washer pump stopped working today on my wife

1992 volkwagon vento checked the fuse it was ok after went over to the wires that attaches to the pump that powers it up pulled them out and checked for current at the ends using a voltmeter got current flowing tells me cant be anything other than my windshield washer pump

-- johnin

View this thread:

Send from

johnin

windshield washer pump.

Yeah neither of my VWs have working washer fluid pumps. The two I got from the junkyard don't work either. Sigh.

Reply to
tylernt

windshield washer pump.

You can test a washer pump as follows: 1) Remove the wiper supply hose from the pump 2) Connect a 6" piece of hose to the pump 3) Cover the temporary hose's opening with your thumb 4)Have someone activate the washer pump.

The pressure should pretty much be sufficient to push your thumb off the hose. If it's not very strong, it won't get liquid all the way up to the windshield.

I just replaced my washer motor on my 88 Jetta GLI with the one from my recently deceased 84 GLI, and it works great. Totally worth the extra effort.

Cheers!

Reply to
deelywomper