4,500 mile

Hi Mini owners: I have a 2003 Mini Cooper S with 4500 miles on it and since it is 13 months old thought I'd have a service done even though it is supposed to be early (10,000 miles).

The Mini garage manager gave me a list of what a service consists of, but I thought it might be wise to ask other owners if they had any recommendations etc on having something special done or looked at.

I first 'yearned' for a Mini while living 5 years in London and Aberdeen, so when BMW came out with them, I felt that I 'deserved' one whether it was a wise choice or not. So far, it has not been on any highway trips, mostly local town driving.

Anyone on this list living in the Tampa Florida area?

Dean Thompson snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com

Reply to
Richard Thompson

"Richard Thompson" wrote in news:Z0Vdc.410434$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com:

Hi,

I have an oil change every 5K miles, scheduled or not. I just don't feel comfortable waiting 10K then another 15K between oil changes.

On your first service, have them check the coolant reservoir tank for leaks. That was a common problem component.

If you feel any clicking or vibration in the steering wheel while turning, have them check that too. Many steering columns have been replaced.

If you have the "stumble" problem (quick loss and regain of power while accelerating from a stop) or the "yoyo" problem (engine bucking between

2-3K rpms), have them update your engine software to v36 or v37.

Ask them about any recalls that your vehicle may qualify for.

Reply to
Rilian