Lights stay on problem

We have a 2004 Mini and have had a problem with the headlights on two occassions.

Turn off the lights and ignition and get out of the car. The headlights are still on!! Get back into the car and cycle the ignition quickly - lights go off.

Anyone else have this problem?

Reply to
Grinder

I think you can have the dealer setup this option in the onboard computer. You can vary the amount of time they stay on etc.

If it is only happening a couple of times, it sounds lick a computer problem. Bets see the dealer!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

I had a similar problem with my 2003 One. A headlight refused to go off at all. My local dealer changed the ECU module and this not recurred.

Reply to
Ramases

The car does have a headlight courtesy delay function with various programmable delays. My guess is that your system is enabled and the "problem" occurred because you shut your headlights off AFTER shutting down the car on these two occassions.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

I have had something very similar happen once or twice. I do not have the 'follow me home' lights enabled or any such thing...I had to cycle power to get everything straightened out, as well.

Erik

Reply to
Erik Peterson