2" Drops and a blast from the past

Yesterday, I gave the Supra a 2" drop. Wheels up in the arches and everything.

It went away when I removed the 22 boxes of natural slate tiles, though... Now I really need new brakes - from a little chirp, they now sound like banshees.

Whilst out, dropped into the scrappy at Loanhead, since they said they had a Volvo 740 estate taillight (they did, but it was no better than mine) and a Supra, which turned out to be one of those blobby Celicas, or maybe a pearl white RX7. Spotted a blue Scorpio and made a mental note to check it for roofbars.

I could be fairly sure it'd have them. K617 UCU. My old Scorpio. The 208,000 mile tank that was written off (Cat. D) 2 years ago for the astonishing sum of £1200 despite only costing £100 (plus £180/worth of tyres, and a £60 used

2008/2050/CD combo).

Looked like someone had loved it, then had an accident, quite a bad one. Bumper was still cracked from the writeoff before though!

Two things I liked - it still smelled the same, so sitting in it was like going back nearly 2 years (ouch!), and... It only had 99,000 miles on it.

And someone had beaten me to the roofbars :(

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Small world :)