Clarkson Kills a Toyota Prius

You really have to watch the whole "The good the bad and the ugly" DVD to fully fully appreciate this, but I've never laughed as much since the S Class merc clip.....

Clarkson is GOD!!

Reply to
Me

Not one of his best IMO. It was an interview I saw with him after the event, probably with Woss, where he made one of the most telling points against the Pious. He wasn't allowed to shoot one with the battery in, because it was too dangerous.

Right... and yet people drive around in them, eh?

Reply to
Steve Firth

I think he means shoots as in machine guns/RPG/Artillery shell, rather than the industry slang for film.

I wouldn't shoot a prius with a person in either.

Reply to
Elder

Except in this case he's wrong... he also destroys a first generation Prius and not the current one when it was filmed.

Nice Mustangs in it though...

Reply to
DervMan

Yes I understood that, but it's a cause for concern that the battery is considered so dangerous that it can't be shot. Yet people drive around in a Prius which may get run into by another vehicle damaging the battery.

?
Reply to
Steve Firth

It's just like having a tank of petrol that could explode in an accident.

Still, if you're planning a hit job on somebody, aim for the boot of their Prius, meh?

Reply to
DervMan

a bullit is going to hit it at what 500-700mph i doubt a lorry could hit the battery with the same force. and shooting through car bodywork is harder than you think. see i been watching discovery :)

Reply to
Vamp

ITYM 'as well' ?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A lorry at 50mph weighing several tons will hit it with a lot more force than a bullet weighing a few grams.

Reply to
Homer

But it wouldnt penetrate the batteries though.

Reply to
Burgerman

Now go do some research and find out why you only need a lower force when it's being applied through a very small surface area.

Reply to
Conor

Pah kids today, eh?

Reply to
DervMan

Pardon me?

Shooting through car bodywork hard?

Every bullet with cabiler .38 and normal load flies through car body work as if that didn't exist. That's with handheld guns. On the exception of .22 LR which is a toy cabiler anyway, any rifle munition does the same, only even easier.

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

A bullet might apply more force per square inch but there's still far more energy in a truck travelling at 50mph than there is in a bullet.

Reply to
Homer

And they were using a S&W .500 hand cannon and an Ma Deuce in .50 Cal. Rounds the length of your hand. Those things go through APCs never mind cars.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

i meant more guns you can hold in your hand not ones you can barely carry on your shoulder!

Reply to
Vamp

The idea that a bullet hole in an aircraft at altitude causes explosive decompression is a myth popular with film makers. All it does is cause a gradual loss of cabin pressure. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Don't forget about 5.56 bouncing around inside your guts...

Reply to
Doki

Is it? IIRC a 12 bore is about the only thing unlikely to penetrate a car door at normal ranges.

Reply to
Doki

Not with solids. A solid will go through the engine block. Buckshot or SG rounds would go through a door too.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston