Dan.

Just on facebook.

Hi there again everyone

Just as a follow on to my last message, this is Andy Shepherd again on behalf of Dan.

As you are all now aware Dan has been very poorly for some time, and I am very sorry to have to tell you all that unfortunately Dan passed away this morning at around 7am. He took a turn for the worse this week again, and had been sleeping for a long time before he woke today to say his final words, and peacefully drifted off to sleep this morning. He was at home, with his family, which I think everyone would agree is exactly what he would have wanted.

He has asked me to say that you are all welcome to the funeral when it takes place, I am not sure of dates as yet but I will send a message to all once I have the information.

He also asked me to say a huge thank you to everyone that left messages on his wall - it was a great comfort to him in his final days - he saw them all and he and his family were all very moved by the sentiment - thank you everyone. I think it just shows how much we will all miss our friend.

I will be in touch with funeral information as soon as I can

Thanks

Andy

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

:-( :-( :-(

I'm genuinely really upset to hear this.

RIP Dan.

Reply to
JackH

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 23:26:15 +0100, Tim S Kemp spouted forth:

Very sad :-(

RIP Dan

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Tagged this onto the other thread.

Don't mind admitting I've shed one or two tears this evening.

Reply to
SteveH

God rest him.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

RIP Dan... genuinely upset to have read he's gone. :-(

Reply to
JackH

Using the patented Mavis Beacon "Hunt&Peck" Technique, JackH typed

RIP Dan.

He bore the dealing of a crap hand with great grace.

Thank you for letting us know, Jack.

Reply to
Wicked Uncle Nigel

Fuck :-( RIP Dan.

Reply to
Krusty

Ah shit, sad news. That's fair upset me.

RIP Dan

Reply to
Lozzo

Very sad.

Absolutely agreed. I very much admired him for that.

Crap taste in cars, though.

Reply to
vulgarandmischevious

Hell yes. Amazingly so. Never once a complaint or a self-pitying moment.

RIP Dan.

Reply to
Bear

RIP.

Reply to
TD

Wicked Uncle Nigel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@wicked-uncle-nigel.me.uk:

AOL

A lesson to us all in getting on with life as it presents itself, rather than moping about our impending mortality.

Reply to
wessie

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "JackH" saying something like:

Arse.

I thought he wasn't very chipper the last couple of posts - nothing he complained about, just a passing mention of something that made me wonder if he hadn't long to go.

Bugger owed me a tenner, too.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Same here. I've had more contact with Dan over the last couple of years than with some members of my family. It's doubly upsetting for me because he died the same way as my brother and that's brought back some sad memories.

Ah well. That's Renault bankrupt then.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Fuck :(

Reply to
Lordy.UK

RIP Dan, looks like it might be a UKR(C)M funeral meet then. Bollocks.

Gotta say, that lad has been a inspiration. Two members of my family have been seriously ill in the last year and talking to Dan, his posts and most of his all attitude towards his own illness helped me cope with the shit that has been happening. I'm so glad he managed to get his European trip, a few laps of the Nurburgring, and his trip to New York before things took a downward turn. I'm gonna miss him, and I'm certain I'm not the only one that will.

Reply to
Pete M

RIP Dan. Never had a chance to meet him in person, sadly, but I'll miss seeing him around these parts.

Reply to
Timo on tour

Just picked up the email. Rest in peace Dan, for the world will be a lesser place without you.

Reply to
DervMan

Indeed, very sad.

Reply to