Dan.

RIP Dan.

I didn't know him, only read what he posted on these groups, but enough to know that he was one of the good guys, and an inspiration to all.

Reply to
Tim Vincent

Like the inside of a dojo innit.

Reply to
Scraggy

Bye Dan.

I'm still never gonna buy a Renault though.

Reply to
PCPaul

Dan gave me the kick up the arse and made me realise there's more to life than online gaming and arguing about how ugly alfa's are with steve h. i won't write loads but my previous post summed up how Dan got me enjoying my life more.

i'm just going to say, thanks dan for giant sandwhiches, for being a petrol head and for not giving up for so long!

Dan to me was a tough kid who inspired everyone here in some kind of way. i'm going to keep up what i've started (my kick boxing and new friends i've made ect) and not give up because dan never gave up on anything even when his health wasn't great.

hope his family get all the support they need right now too, thoughts are with them too.

also if dan can read this (must have broadband up there surely) i'm still never buying a renault mate, that's one thing you could never convince me to do :)

R.I.P Dan

Vamp

Likewise.

Tim PM'd me just after midnight. We then sat in our respective living rooms having a celebratory/consoling drink.

RIP Dan. Have fun at the great racetrack in the sky.

Reply to
Conor

Aye. I think they're going to be needing a bit of a large car park going on how many people he knew.

Likewise. The only consolation is that if there is a heaven, he'll be steaming around it in his dream Clio, generally tearing up the place and making a nuisance of himself.

Reply to
Conor

He'll have kerbed the rear wheels in an oversteer incident already.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

RIP.

He certainly did. Not sure how or where he found the fortitude from but he certainly made me take note of how well he coped and, as you say, with such good grace.

Reply to
Paul Corfield

Very sad times, we had a good whip round a few years ago and he bought a radio controlled car anyone remember it??

I remember first chatting to Dan back in the days and he showed me the scars from the surgery he had on his back and it was like a frigging shark bite, that guy has been through tons :( He was brave, happy and a damn good bloke.

R.I.P Dan..

Ronny

Reply to
Ronny

I certainly do. He wasn't well and had to pull out of his uni course for treatment.

Reply to
Elder

If anyone wants to read the Cliosport forums there is a nice thread that Dan started last year, everyone has been replying and Dan had been responding, very moving,

Worth registering if not a Renault fan.

Reply to
Ronny

Anyone been intouch with Nom. I know he doesn't post here anymore, but I did have his email. Can't find it now.

Reply to
Elder

LOL

Reply to
The Older Gentleman

*laughing turning to tears*
Reply to
DervMan

Yeah I am and have been waiting for him to pop up on MSN so that I can relay the news. Nothing yet. I suspect he only logs in when at work.

Reply to
DervMan

Ah right. Does he still live nearby?

Reply to
Elder

Nah, he moved to, err, Shandyland, a couple of years back. Maybe three. Still has his 3.0 V6 406 Coupe, though.

Reply to
DervMan

I haven't been in touch with him, and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Nom will be in the loop.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I thought it was Durham? Do they drink shandy there?

Reply to
Douglas Payne