MOT

Why does it feel so good to get a car through an MOT ?

(He even commented on how clean the exhaust was - regardless of the mileage).

Anyway - new MOT / new tax on the windscreen and all outstanding jobs done on the car. And- my garage build officially starts today with a clear of the site. Life isn't too dreadful at the moment.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I know what you mean. I'm finally losing weight (18 1/2 pounds since new year) without crash=20 dieting. And I seemed to gained some DIY skill, fixed the ovens burned out=20 element (felt good spending =A323, instead of =A3320), and the leak from th= e=20 toilet systern.

Only thing that has gone wrong this week is that I didn't win the euro=20 millions. Oh well, neither did a lot of people.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

Good, aint it!

Got one thru last week (just been fixing some of the advisories!), now the other one has to go through later in the month. So gotta wait till after that before I start taking it to bits :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

should have put mine through today, but someone did this to it

I know who it is, I just can't prove anything :(

Reply to
dojj

Proof schmoof. Just stop taking the anger tabs for a few days and let nature take its course :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

*thwap*

cistern.

Reply to
SteveH

I feel the same way about the Sera - MOT and a year's tax on it, I don't need to worry about those until next year now!

Plus, I got it a new taillight to replace the cracked one (wssn't a failure, but water got in). Got lots of plans for the next year :D

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

What's an MOT then ;-) ?

Reply to
DanTXD

It's this annual sort of test thing you have to do when a car is sufficiently old that the depreciation curve has long since stopped being an issue.

So - fret once a year or fret all year. Mmmmm - that's a tricky one.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

well, considering it was aprked up with that side of the car towards the pavement (seperated by a 6 foot expanse of grass verge with a tree less than a foot away) i can't see that it oculd have been struck by a passing skip lorry :(

but it did fix up beutifully today, even though the bump hasn't quite buffed out yet :)

Reply to
dojj

Ministry Of Transport like the ministry of majic for harry potter types of the ministry of sound for the dancing population :)

Reply to
dojj

In Western Australia we don't have them. You can drive any car you want for as long as you want. If you get pulled over by the cops and they put a yellow sticker on your car you have to take it over the pits and inspected. If it is all clear you are good to go.

What does MOT stand for?

When do you have to start going for them?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Ministry of Transport Test. Annual safety and emissions inspection. First test is 3 years after the date of registration for the vehicle for a car/van and 12 months after date of registration for lorries and coaches.

Reply to
Conor