Non-Factory Spark Plug Gap Setting?

Hi All, Quick question: After modifying the ignition system, is there any logical method or rule of thumb for changing the factory-recommended spark plug gap? Engine in question is an '86 Corvette 350cid V8 engine with [305 heads] TPI, HEI ignition, headers, high voltage coil, "performance" 8mm plug wires. If anyone can shed more light on the effects of the 305 V8 on the 350 block, I'd appreciate that as well. Best Regards, Jim

Reply to
Drink

Burgerman will be along to tell you shortly :)

Unlikely, as this is a UK group !

Reply to
Nom

I'd be very surprised if the stock gap for the 305 or 350 wouldn't be sufficient to give decent ignition.

Reply to
Depresion

and we dont get chevrolet engines over here do we nom?

Reply to
Theo

Not '86 V8's in common places, no.

Reply to
DanTXD

Reply to
Drink

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gnt.net spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

The general response you might is "if it isn't an Alfa/Toyota/Rover/Turbo/Straight 6/4x4" it's shit then innit.

And only Fords with V6's and at least one Turbo (oops that will upset Dervy) and RWD or 4X4 need apply.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Aaaaaaaaaaaaany minute now :)

V8s ? Not that I know of ?