Re: Environmental campaigners say all cars could be green

Environmental campaigners say all cars could be green

> Motorists could soon shed their tag of enemies of the environment if the > Government agrees to back the use of ?green fuels? in cars and other > vehicles. >

Ours was green when first made. Pacific Green.

Reply to
DervMan

my brake calipers are green.

Reply to
JohnR

In news:ykLre.10313$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-win.ntli.net, Solid Scot decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

What a load of cobblers.

Mine spends lots of time on "Green Lanes", which for some reason, upsets environmentalists.

Bunch of wankers, they are.

I do use LPG though, gallons of it.

Reply to
Pete M

Skoda?

Reply to
Depresion

yeah, wouldn't be my first choice. It's an octa vrs. I'm gonna choose green hoses when i get the engine sorted after warranty, get a bit of a colour scheme going. The car itself is black (when it's clean).

Reply to
JohnR

And if it is Skoda Magic Black, it is very Nice.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

It is, very nice. Also very easily scratched :(

Reply to
JohnR

The missus has a Fabia, in Nature green metallic. Same thing. 'specially when she catches a wall with the rear colour coded bumper.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Pete M ( snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So the gates weren't too badly scratched?

Reply to
Adrian

I once had an electric gate shut on the van mid-way through driving into a place on a delivery once. Tried pushing it away with my hand but soon realised that I didn't have the strength to overcome the force of the electrically closing gate, so beeped the horn until the woman inside pressed a button to open it. Got out, had a brief look at my wing that the gate had vaguely pressed against,

"Don't worry - doesn't look like there's any damage."

To which she replied:

"I don't care about your van - what about my gate?"

I tried calmly explaining that the situation was in no way, shape or form my fault, and she started accusing me of coming on to her property without good reason, 'cos the post office van always parks up on the main road (ok, it was only an envelope I was delivering and the driveway wasn't *that* long, but there was enough room to turn round, and delivering to someone is a valid enough excuse for driving onto their property if you ask me). She then asked who I worked for, to which I replied "myself", to which she said "don't be so silly". I then kindly explained that I'm a self-employed subcontractor so any problems she'd be dealing directly with me. I gave her the number of the office I do work for as I knew she'd just get laughed at anyway (which she did), then she uttered the immortal words "get off my property before I call the police".

Priceless!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan