Seriously looking at Megasquirts.

Now they can control ignition as well as fueling in one box and use a=20 lot of stock sensors and controls as well as addons and adaptions, the=20 MS is looking very promising.

there is a Swedish guy running an ST165 GT4 with a Megasquirt, and a=20 couple of Mk1 MR2 UK guys running them too.

Looks like with the right hardware and software versions, they can=20 control boost, nitrous/WI, launch control etc too. Looks very=20 interesting and I have a laptop doing nothing ATM.

I guess I'll see how much aditional wiring it needs, and work out wether=20 =A3300 is worth it, with the hassle of mapping etc. Biggest problem for me= =20 is needing to get it built, using surface mount components.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

there is a Swedish guy running an ST165 GT4 with a Megasquirt, and a couple of Mk1 MR2 UK guys running them too.

Looks like with the right hardware and software versions, they can control boost, nitrous/WI, launch control etc too. Looks very interesting and I have a laptop doing nothing ATM.

I guess I'll see how much aditional wiring it needs, and work out wether £300 is worth it, with the hassle of mapping etc. Biggest problem for me is needing to get it built, using surface mount components.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Cheers, will look into that.

I've seen a couple of guys actually building them into Toyota cases so=20 the standard loom and connectors can be used to get things going.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

there is a Swedish guy running an ST165 GT4 with a Megasquirt, and a couple of Mk1 MR2 UK guys running them too.

Looks like with the right hardware and software versions, they can control boost, nitrous/WI, launch control etc too. Looks very interesting and I have a laptop doing nothing ATM.

I guess I'll see how much aditional wiring it needs, and work out wether £300 is worth it, with the hassle of mapping etc. Biggest problem for me is needing to get it built, using surface mount components.

Reply to
Vamp

A DIY, build it yourself fully mappable ECU that is normally used to for=20 electronic injection conversions to old Carb/mechanical injection cars. Now does timing as well as fueling. Has now become easier to adapt to fit factory wiring looms, with just=20 the change to a few sensors at most, and addition of others. Sometimes possible to lose AFMs and convert to MAP sensors. Very well supported by the community, Windows/Linux(or Mac OSX)/Palm=20 monitoring/logging and mapping software.

Can be hand soldered if you are good, but better if you have access to=20 surface mount soldering gear.

Parts cost about $200-300 plus your time (or cost of someone else to=20 solder it currently about =A350-70), plus a good mapping session (either=20 butt dyno if you can find a base map or a day on the dyno if starting=20 from scratch).

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

A DIY, build it yourself fully mappable ECU that is normally used to for electronic injection conversions to old Carb/mechanical injection cars. Now does timing as well as fueling. Has now become easier to adapt to fit factory wiring looms, with just the change to a few sensors at most, and addition of others. Sometimes possible to lose AFMs and convert to MAP sensors. Very well supported by the community, Windows/Linux(or Mac OSX)/Palm monitoring/logging and mapping software.

Can be hand soldered if you are good, but better if you have access to surface mount soldering gear.

Parts cost about $200-300 plus your time (or cost of someone else to solder it currently about £50-70), plus a good mapping session (either butt dyno if you can find a base map or a day on the dyno if starting from scratch).

Reply to
Vamp

Already got a dump valve with the AFM, no downsides yet that I can see.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Provided its a dual piston dumpvalve airflow meters seem fine.

Reply to
Ed

i've never bothered as i didn't wanna risk losing power or buggering up the idle. plus kinda stealth like without it hehe although you can hear the standard bov just sometimes with the windows down.but only as it dumps loads of air if you change just before the turbo is about to cut in.

Reply to
Vamp

It's a Sard R2D2 Atmos.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

You might find this

useful, as might Carl.

No it isn't for a 3S-GTE, but it does explain how he integrated a megasquirt into a Toyota, using the original loom, all the original sensors except the AFM, and added a map sensor and standard GM intake temp sensor. And built it all into a Toyota case.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Carl,

Let me know how it goes. I'm looking into it as well for the 944 - (seeing as I never got around to it on the 924!) - nothing serious yet and I wouldn't need as much.. probably only the fuel injection, although for some reason I quite like the idea of converting it to static ignition.

Anyway, I've got plenty of stuff to sort out with the car, but it's on the list... think I'm gonna keep this one longer than the last one!

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

You should seriously look at

There is a lot of talk about Squirted VW/Audis and as they are all Bosch stuff like the Porker, should be fairly easy to do.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Great, thanks for the link. Looking through it now. I think the 944 has the same (or similar) system to the jetronic I messed around with on my Peugeot, so it shouldn't be too hard to get to grips with. :)

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B