looking at 190

looking at an 89 190. 113k, leather looks good, body good. power window switches are exposed, someone had door panels off for some reason. have to wait for test drive. any special kinks to be aware of?

Reply to
dustoff

Weak point seems to the steering system... make sure it doesn't feel loose or jolting when you hit a bump.

Engine must be smooth... Cold start must be easy starting... and hot start too must be easy starting... wait 10 minutes and try to start the hot engine.

Make sure everything works on that car... including cruise control and air conditioner.

Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

I just bought a 1986 here in Seattle and it's my dailey driver...

Listen to the engine carefully, mine is 2.3L gas and it runs great, but there was a bit of noise from the front of engine accessories. I replaced the serpentine belt tensioner, which was spun and the water pump which was a bit loose, and had the alternator re bushed. This made the car hum the way it should.

Aside from that, the heating and AC is probably hosed, and the electric windows could be sketchy too.

I am very happy with my car, although it is still a project. It was pretty inexpensive, and since I am willing/capable of working on it myself this saves a fortune.

if you are going to need to pay a pro to work on the car, LOOK OUT!

Good Luck, marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Diff whine....