Water pump went :(

Typical, was fitting the car pc this morning, and the water pump just suddenly burst at the joint, part costs 25 quid, labour = 6-8 hours

So at the same time I will get the timing belt, tensioners, and all the V belts replaced, as well as the water pump and the thermostat.

The reason for being so expensive is the whole front of the car needs to be taken off,

Anyone in the Bristol area fancy a job next week :) theres a damn big drink in it for you haha.

Or perhaps you can reccomend a decent lowish cost mobile guy who can work on V6 Audis

Cheers Ronny

Reply to
Ron

That's absolutely s**te design.

Even on our old Cinq. (which has an _incredibly_ tight engine bay) I managed to change the pump and all belts in a few hours.

Ahhh. Forgot it was a V6. Transverse V6 lumps are a total PITA to work on.

Reply to
SteveH

Christ, not you as well. Appears to be the day for water based problems :(

Reply to
Lordy

In article , snipped-for-privacy@recycle.bin spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Missus's Fabia lost all it's coolant in a ten mile drive.

First time it's been driven since getting a slow coolant leak fixed end of last week, which was remedial attention to a leak she found 3 months after she bought the car.

in short the garage are having a third attempt atfixing a pretty severe waterleak, that they haven't be able to sort over a period of 6 months.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I also experienced this. Water seals went in my pump very annoying. Changed the belt and pump, and nothing else has gone wrong since...

Ed

Reply to
Ed

ron my work has engine shop, we do this type of thing.

do you want me to quote you?

Reply to
Theo

Yeah ok m8 thx, my m8 is ganna give me a quote tommorow i think its about

300 from him

ron

Reply to
Ron