who's got points on there licence and....

Heh, mine is clean at the moment, but here is a list of past misdemeanours:

SP30 - 63 in a 30, 3 points and a £200 fine PC30 - parking on zigzags, 3 points and a £30 fine SP30 - 36 in a 30, 3 points and a £30 fine Can't remember the offence code, but I got 3 points and a £30 fine for going the wrong way up a one-way street...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Ahh, they have one of those at Stockton on Tees; yellow lights on the roof, redand yellow reflective hatchings on the back, so it looks just like a workie van. The camera partnership and 'Think' signs are on the side, which you can't see until you are alongside the thing. You can see the mini-GATSO on a tripod in front of the van (they do their best to park in a way to obscure it) but you get the idea...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Heh, one of my collegues heard that phrase after a 120mph session on the A19. He's on 9 points now through totting up so he's taking it easy everywhere...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

I'm doing f*ck all else ATM ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Been here too. Coming back from Cornwall in 2001 on the A30 I think, I was following some porsche in my Micra (Ok March ST), he was doing around a ton, then a fully marked up T5 appeared behind me, crap, then he pulled me over.

He said he had been following me for a few miles, and he had averaged me a 94. Far enough, was my first offence he was a nice guy. He gave me a standard fix penality notice SP50.

Then a year and a half later at 5am in June I think, I was stopped again on the A30 going towards Cornwall this time, and I was apparently again doing 94 mph in my totally standard 1.0 Micra. (book speed 88mph) HMMM This time the cops were not nice, they were moody gits, they claimed they had video but wouldnt show me it. I didnt push my luck, as I didnt know weather I could have demanded to see the video or not, and they let me go with SP50 again. I'm convinced this second one was a setup or some kind. That micra will only do 90 when thrashed VERY hard. I was taking it easy as the journey is long and it makes a massive difference to the amount of fuel it uses. I also cannot see how they claimed they saw me. It's a dual carrigeway with a verge in the middle, they were on the other side parked in some layby. I have driven passed many times in an attempt to try and see what they would have and just none of it makes sense. Nothing I could do though so I just accepted it.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Fuck me....thats shocking.

hope you slapped the f*ck out of that Martin Bloke!

Reply to
Mason

Oh and you do win by the way! Quite a heft collection of points there.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Should have pushed it to court. I got stopped and alleged to have been followed for over 1.5 miles at an average of 117.5 mph. I was driving an M reg spacewagon, book speed 108mph. I pointed this out firmly, and was asked "can you think why I shouldn't give you a ticket" to which my response of "because I will stand up in court and testify that my car is not capable of that speed.

No ticket.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

"Ed" wrote

I've had mine off the clock (clock reads to 100mph) a few times. First car I've ever had that can do that!

Reply to
fishman