DVLA licence renewal reminders

Do the DVLA send reminders? Just found out that my licence expired last month. No reminder. :-(

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

We've always received them at 3-yearly intervals from 70 onwards, including earlier this year.

Have you moved since the previous one, and not told them?

Reply to
Roger Mills

DVLA have problems

-
Reply to
Mark

Not that I recall.

I renewed mine several years back- I checked it before a trip to the USA and noticed it was nearly expired. At the time, renewal was very quick. All done on line and the new one arrive perhaps a week later.

Reply to
Brian

Same here.

Not got a calender function on the computer, etc?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

A computer? How quaint. ;-)

Seriously, since the invention of smart phones my ?computer? rarely gets booted up. Yes, I could have set a reminder but as I?d (physically) lost my licence a few years ago I had assumed I?d have 10 years from its replacement.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Oddly, I'd assumed you'd know a smart phone is a computer? It's a generic term. ;-)

You normally have to re-new on your 70th birthday. And it explains then every 3 years afterwards.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News