WHY CANT I FSKING POST

If you're reading this, the shouting worked...

Reply to
fishman

Reading what ;) ?

Reply to
Dan405

"Dan405" wrote

Yayeee! It's working again. Missed me, guys??

Status report: Still got £150 golf Driver, looking for a new car. Considering....

y10turbo.4t.com - he wants a grand for it

Xsara VTS - these have depreciated savagely and now represent plenty of bang for buck

Nissan Figaro!!! - dare me!

Also in the running...

Honda CRX Del Sol (I like the big electric rear window and the targa roof plus the VTEC engine)

Mazda MX5 Turbo (hairdressers car with hairdryer attached to the engine)

What you guys reckon?

Reply to
fishman

Who said that. Speak up.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

MX-5 turbo.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Get a Figaro!! I dare ya!!!

Reply to
Chris B

This one, you can get a pretty new one, with low mileage, and plenty of toys for silly little money :)

Reply to
Dan405

second that, get the proper BBR stage 2 at 250bhp i think or abouts and the car weight is under a tonne! OUCH! :)

Reply to
Vamp

Consider yourself well and truly dared, and think about running all week on an ammount of fuel that would make a smart car look thirsty.

You know you want to.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yep, they're a great buy at today's prices. You don't get the 306's 6-speed box, but you get the same 167bhp - easily tweaked to 200bhp+ if you like that sort of thing.

The Xsara VTS is the only thing worth having from that list.

Reply to
Nom

"Vamp" wrote

the car weight is under a

Yeah well there were only ever 850 BBRs made worldwide and not many of those were Stage 2ers. I do agree with the BBR thing though - you can actually get an insurance quote on one of those as it's an "official" car, unlike the GREDDY or HKS kitted ones. I'd be far more inclined to trust a BBR one too. Dammit there was a BBR on Autotrader just last week quite cheap and it's vanished...

Reply to
fishman

"Nom" wrote

There's a BRG one for £2k on autotrader with low miles "emigration forces sale" bet it's been snapped up...

Reply to
fishman

"MeatballTurbo" wrote

Bloody hell! I just got an insurance quote for one... I think that's off the list for a little while.

Reply to
fishman

In Aus they are bringing out factory turbo MX-5s.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Was one outside our work couple of weeks ago.

One of the Sales guys bought his missus an MX5 standard , then he turned up in a BBR, thought maybe he got bored with his A3, but he hasn't been in it again since then. Didn't realise that they were very rare.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Eugh !

Bargain ! Buy it quick !

Reply to
Nom

Dammit too late :( OK which one of you lot got it since I let the cat out the bag?

There is, however a nice Punto GT in my locality for £1750...

Reply to
fishman

GT Turbo 1.4 or HGT 1.8? I love the Mk1 Turbo's, they're sweet, 130bhp, 60 in just over 7, if its a lower miler and its been looked after, go get it :D

Reply to
Dan405