12 years and 183,000 miles...

Very satisfying.

There's a spot, on my drive back to work, where the highway goes from two lanes to four. As we approach that spot, traffic slows a bit and gets a little heavier.

In the left lane, with about 4 car lengths ahead of me and a long choo-choo train behind me, I'm being tailgated by someone who isn't happy with the prevailing 65mph. He must think it's my fault that we're actually doing only

10mph above the posted 55.

I hate playing choo-choo. Not very good at it, really. I always leave too much room in front of me. Damn.

Here it comes... An extra lane on the right and an extra lane on the left. Huh? Nobody wants the passing lane? I'll take it.

Dropped down to 3rd at 65 and kicked the old pony up to 100. (I should say, crested a little above 100 and settled right back down to 80.)

No more tailgaters.

TFrog is definitely showing its age, but can still get up in a hurry.

The Dynomax Ultraflows sound better all the time (which makes me think they'll probably have to be replaced soon). I had to park and get out to check my mailbox the other day, and noticed how nice (and low) the exhaust sounded, as I walked behind the car. I never get to hear it, usually...

That, and it probably needs a good tune-up. It's developed an uneven idle, which makes the car look and sound like it's got that old "lopey cam" thing going on.

Funny. The more things that go wrong with this car, the more I like it.

dwight

dwight

Sounds like love to me :)

Reply to
Kate

I'm not shy. I readily admit have. Have, since Day One.

I always said I'd keep this one forever.

:()

Reply to
dwight

That makes you a good guy. A real good guy.

Reply to
Kate

Oh. Yeah. And I meant the car, too.

dwight (Jean just bought tickets to the Eagles/49ers game this Sunday. I'm not even thinking about trading HER in.)

Reply to
dwight

"dwight" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Obviously, you've won the mileage contest as the LX has been resting for a little over a year in the garage, but I know exactly what you mean. Now that my son's got his license, I now have the extreme pleasure of watching him leave for school every morning, so I can watch and hear the car as he drives off. What a damn fine car!

The only thing I feel bad about is that the car no longer has the 5- stars. One ended up slightly bent (no idea how _that_ happened), and I ended up trading two of the 5-stars (including the bent one) for 4 turbines with pretty decent Michelin Pilots already mounted and balanced. I pressure cleaned the turbines and sprayed them aluminum/stainless, so now they're basically the same color as the exhaust tips (original, of course). Even though they're lowly turbines, they still look good.

Yes, the LX is now an heirloom.

Joe

That would kill me. There's no way I could hand off TFrog and watch every day as someone else (anyone else) drives away with it.

I've got another week off in early October... Think I'll polish and wax and get ready for the winter. Ah, that cold air in the intake...

:()

Reply to
dwight

"dwight" wrote in news:q6mdnU-MkdugsrHenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com: