'13 Shelby To Get S/C'd 5.8

Seems the final decision was grow the existing 5.4 to 5.8 and keep it supercharged. Horsepower swells from 550 to at least 600.

But I have to wonder when the old modular gets exchanged for the newer Coyote V8.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

600 hp, too much for a daily driver, uncontrollable unless computer has torque limited, and speed limiter 330 hp is way plenty with slick streets

.......but I would try to drive it as daily driver anyway!

Reply to
Refund

Keep in mind the Shelby weighs about 3,800, so is 330 is enough? I say maybe 10-15 years ago, but not these days. Not when you have regular family sedans running 14 second quarters and trapping in the

90+ mph range.

I'm with you on that!

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

Which is effectively meaningless since I am still slowed annoyingly when behind them while driving my 1.8L mazda or my bicycle.

Reply to
Brent

Well, my GT500 came with 550 HP and is now tuned to 600. Hasn't been a problem, although it is not my daily driver. I have driven in rain, and it isn't bad unless you rally get on it.

Reply to
Debbie

But that's only because most are handicapped with a cellphone stuck to their ear or their thumbs/fingers.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

.

Debbie,

If you don't mind, please tell us more about yourself and your cars.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

Sorry, I should have introduced myself. I have lurked for a bit, but can be shy. My husband and I are tried and true Ford fans and long time Mustang fans. Due to life being what it can be, the last Mustang we owned was a '65 fastback that we restored. We sold it back in '84 to build a barn. Fast forward to last year when I was watching a Mustang ad on TV. I told my husband I needed to find out who did the music and that I really liked the new Mustangs. He asked me if I wanted one. Of course I did. The next day he brought home a brochure and I fell in love. I told him that he knew which car I wanted. He got on the phone to the local dealer and the rest is history. I love the GT500. It is the most fun car we have ever owned.

Reply to
Debbie

Keep in mind the Shelby weighs about 3,800, so is 330 is enough? I say maybe 10-15 years ago, but not these days. Not when you have regular family sedans running 14 second quarters and trapping in the

90+ mph range.

I'm with you on that!

Patrick

found my kenne bell power-speed slide rule;

600hp at 3800 lbs is a weight/power ratio of 6.5, which should give 10.5 sec 1/4 mile at 126 mph (if you could fix torque limiter, and the bog)

an 1993 LX coup weighs 3010 so it would have to have about 460 hp to do the same

with a LX 1993 at 3,010 # and 330 hp the weight/power is 9.4 and could do

11.7 sec in 1/4 mile at 112 mph

..... roughly 100 pounds is worth about 15 hp (from slide rule) spare tire, carpet, back seat, headliner, passenger seat, +

Reply to
Refund

.

I thought you were talking about a 3,800 Shelby or 3,600 GT with 330 HP.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84