1987 Mustang GT 5.0 w/T-Tops Question

Does anyone know how many 1987 Mustang 5.0 GTs were made with the T-Top option?

This was the year of the makeover with the new GT ground effect and supposedly (not sure) the only year the GT 5.0 came with T-Tops from the factory.

Just wanted to know how many of them were made.

Thanks

Reply to
Bababooey

Ford sold a very limited number in 1988 with T-Tops.

I bought an LX 5.0L with T-tops in 1987. Actual production numbers were low because most had to be special ordered. They were very hard to find on the dealers lots. This site has some good production information:

My guess is there were far fewer made with T-Tops than as convertibles. The T-Tops on my car weren't all that great and above 60 mph the wind whistle around the door glass drove me insane on long trips. They leaked too. The design was terrible. I traded it in on an '89 LX 5.0L with a sunroof and still have that car today.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE