1995 Mustang 5.0 GT- towing-RV

Greetings!

My dad has a 95 stang, 5.0 with the 5 speed and we're at odds regarding the towability behind his RV. He claims that he needs to disconnect the driveshaft, because the output shaft will not turn any of the gears to lubricate it. I towed a 63 Dart from AZ to Sacramento on a dolly with no problems. Anyone have additional details or input on this?

TIA,

Steve in NW AZ

Reply to
Steve in AZ

There are web sites that tell you what you want to know. Here is how to find them:

I would just say I would not tow a manual transmission Mustang without dropping the drive shaft but I'd be opening the door for too much BS.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Thanks Al! We'll check the manual as well as FoMoCo

Steve

Reply to
Steve in AZ