1990 mustang on ebay

So I was surfing e-bay checking out mustangs and came across this:

This guy wants more than $16600? WTF? Yes, less than 1300 miles. But what a waste. Sitting in a garage while I've been enjoying mine for 15 years. Sad, sad, sad.

And the REALLY sad thing is that 37 folks bid it up that high.

I have one almost exactly like his (sans anti-lock brakes and manual). And I still have the window sticker. My window sticker (1990) is almost the same as the high bidder offered!

Anyway, no bargains on e-bay for cars from what I've seen. At least the cars I like.

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy

It's white and red. Ick.

But even if you like those colors, you want more than what you bought it for new? It's a 1990 Mustang. It's not a collector's car yet - not even close. I still see them all the time. I can count three white 87-93 5.0 Mustangs in my small town alone. Just white ones.

Yes, it's way low mileage, but still. I'd say $10-12k - max. It commands a high value because it is such a fine specimen, but not more than around $12k.

JS

JS

Yes, I like the colors. But no, it ain't mine.

I've actually used mine for 15 years rather than let it sit collecting dust.

My point is it costs too much and nobody is going to pay what the original sticker says!

Reply to
Jimmy

Didn't mean that to sound like an attack on you, more the person listing it.

After reading it, though, I can see where you'd get that impression.

That's still just madness. There will probably be someone who buys it though.

And what is one to do with a $16k+ 16 year old car with no miles on it? You don't want to cut it up, cause it won't be worth anything anymore. You don't want to modify it, cause it won't be worth anything anymore. You don't want to drive it too far, cause it won't be worth anything anymore. It'll never really be worth *more*, or at least not for a very long time, so it's not a good investment. An '05 V6 looks better (IMO) and has more horsepower, and is just as expensive, and comes with a warranty... and creature comforts not available in the '88 that you don't want to modify or drive.

I guess the only way I could see paying that much is if you needed that exact car, and wanted to drive it until it dropped, and didn't care what it cost.

JS

Reply to
JS

They might. It's untitled and has right at 1200 miles.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]