2001 GT Tranny Question

I have a 2001 GT Convertible (4.6L)manual transmission and I want to replace the factory shifter with a Roush short throw shifter. I need to know whether I have the tremic or borg transmission (the tremic started being used sometime in the middle of 2001). Can someone tell me how to tell which tranny I have - I've tried using a VIN decoder on the Ford website, but the VIN doesn't contain transmission data. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Zippy

Not sure which you have. But why a roush shifter ? most people buy the steeda tri-ax or the pro 5.0

Rein

I was under the impression that all 2001 had tremic trans. They changed models mid year. Late 2001 models have the 3650.

Reply to
JimC

Reply to
GILL