2001 Grand Am GT

Not being very mechanically inclined (please forgive me) the brakes on my

2001 Grand Am GT keep squeaking. Have taken it to mechanics a couple of times, they clean it up and it seems to be OK for a couple of days. Then the squeaking starts again. Brake pads are definately OK. Is there an easy way to fix this problem?
Reply to
Jeff

The pads are probably loose in the calipers. There are tabs that can be bent to tighten them up or you can get an "antisqueal" adhesive which will help keep the pads from making noise.

Reply to
FBR

Does is seem to squeak even when the car isn't moving & breaks are applied? A friend had this problem. 98 or 9 model. The problem was the lower slide that the caliper moves on had seized.

Reply to
Micah