2007 V-6 Rebate Experience

I am looking at buying a new 2007 Mustang convertible. Ford is currently offering several cash-back rebates for the following options: Leather Package $695 Safety Package (air bags and active anti-theft system) $705 Performance Package (anti-lock brakes and traction control system) $775 Appearance Package $750

Does anyone have any experience with these packages? I am being told that unless the item is listed as a package on the window sticker, it is not eligible for the discount.

I have reviewed many window stickers on the Ford internet site and have never seen more than one package discount listed on a vehicle. Also, I have never, ever seen the leather package listed as a discount package.

It is confusing that Ford would offer the rebates and then not put them on the window sticker.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I found a loaded convertible that is available and I could be missing out on $1400 - $2150 in rebates based on how Ford applies their policy.

Thanks in advance, Ron Munroe Falls, Ohio

Reply to
Ron (Munroe Falls, Ohio)

Rebates wont be listed on the sticker. Unfortunately, many of the packages you listed arn't offered individually - they come as part of a model's upgrade from Basic, to Deluxe to Premium, etc.

Print out a copy of the rebate offer from the Ford website and bring it with you to the dealership. If you don't like what the salesman says ask to speak to the general manager. If you don't like that, call the district office.

Good Luck!

Mark Henry

Reply to
Mark Henry

I really doubt you'd find those packages separately either. I would go to a site like carpoint.com and figure out how much the invoice price would be for that convertible, then subtract an average of your rebate estimate (about $1750). Take that information to the dealer and tell them that's your "final answer". They will have 3 different guys come after you telling you that there's no way they can do that deal. The

4th or 5th time they'll tell you their kid won't eat dinner but they'll agree.

You have the money; you have the power. You can walk out of there at anytime and lose nothing. They won't make a single penny until you buy the car, so they will deal. They get their cars for less than invoice, and get incentives for selling in volume, so they'll eventually take your price. :)

Reply to
neildomo