67 Fender Emblem Colors?

Hi, I finally found a 67, only took a year to find just the right one: V8 Coupe, Original Owner, Original color Springtime yellow w/black vinyl top.

I am replacing the front fender "289 & running horse" emblems. However, the right hand side one I recevied from CJ Pony Parts (made by KSR) is different than what was on the car.

On the repro part, with the horse running toward the front wheel, the colors from left to right are: Blue, White, Red. The car's colors are reversed. Checking with CJ's they said the correct colors pattern is unclear. I saw a photo of Scott Drake ones that were Red, White, Blue.

I checked all the stang photos I had, and a bunch online, but so far, have not been able to confirm original color pattern.

Should it be Red, White, Blue from left to right on both sides, or always red at the horse's head end?

thanks Bob

Reply to
pony67

My '67 has it's original horses. Red is always forward toward the horse's head. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

StuK, thanks!

Reply to
pony67

so, I happen to be poking around on ebay and see these. Not 289, but still colors are different?

Reply to
pony67

Interesting, Well, I've learned never to say never when it comes to Mustangs. I would have thought they would always be from left to right, Red White and Blue regardless of what side they were on. Mine contradict that however. Often different suppliers did trim pieces differently and different assembly plants installed them in a certain way and production may have altered during the build cycle. This may be the case in this circumstance. Basically who knows. Maybe an MCA member is lurking who has some documentation???? StuK

Stuart&Janet

Those are 68's, though. The pics of '67 emblems in the reference "Mustang Does It" book has the colors reversed for a '67, like yours.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Yeah, I noticed they are a C8 number. They are also 6 banger emblems. Mine are the 289 scripted ones. StuK

> 482132246&rd=1

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

According to a reply I received from "Scott Drake", they should be red, white, blue on both sides...

> > 482132246&rd=1> > > >

Reply to
pony67