antenna install 66 coupe

I'm looking at the fender on the passenger side. I'm looking at the antenna. I'm thinking, "something ain't right." Do I have to take the fender off to install the antenna? Please advise.

Reply to
weemarsu

No, it's not that difficult. Remove the right kick panel and you'll see the opriginal cable. You get planty of access through there.

Reply to
.boB

. disaasemble the antena on fender, large nut above ball mount, remove . remove passenger side kick panel, trace antenna lead to radio, remove from radio tie a stout peice of string to the antenna lead, follow cable to cowl side and gently push grommet through hole. feed antena lead through hole, back outside now gentle lower antenna about 2 inches the grab arms should pivot if not move them with your fingers, pull the antenna straigh up till the cable is above the fender line. begin feeding antenna lead up through fender until the string appears. tape or otherwise secure the end of the string to the vehcile (so it doens't fall back in) tie the string to the new antenna lead, feed the cable and string back into the fender till the antenna is in the fender. back inside use the string and pull the lead through the whole till the grommet is at the panel ( a little wd 40 or grease helps here) using the antennad lead gentely pull the grommet into place, route the remaing cable to the radio and reinstall. backk outside. now but gasket over the antenna, then the bezel or ball mount the finally the nut. pull the antenna up till the pivot fingers are exposed push them down until they grab under the fender. pull the antenna tight to the fender and thread the nut on the shaft locking the bezel/ball mount into place.

Reply to
walt peifer