66 mustang antenna swap

I am trying to replace my broken stock antenna with a power unit. How do I get the old one out? It is surrounded by metal. Do I have to remove the fender?

Reply to
MajCrash

Yes. At least you have to remove a bunch of bolts and loosen others to allow the rear end of the fender to move out.

Been there done that, got the scratches on my arm to prove it.

Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

NO! The fender can stay in place! You do have to remove a "sheild in the rear of the front fender though. It has about six bolts that hold it to the body. The screws are going to be covered in the undercoating that is sprayed in the well. There is one bolt that is on the top of the sheild that is through the top of the fender from under the hood. You will do best by removing the front tire and opening the hood to do all of this. I just did this 2 months ago myself. Take your time and find the bolts. Good luck!!

Reply to
MJDJ

Thanks for the tip! I would never have found that shield by myself. With that removed, I was able to easily change the antenna.

Reply to
MajCrash

Reply to
MJDJ